BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Monday, January 9, 2012

Life is Sweet!

Sorry for the delay in posts for this shop, but drum roll please.....Ashley's Cupcake Shop is open for business! I am so excited about this new chapter in my life.  I wanted to share a little bit of the story about how my little shop of sweets came to be.

This all started when I was a junior in college (I think :P) and my roommate was trying to figure out what in the world she wanted to do with her degree.  She mentioned she had always wanted to open a bakery.  I half-jokingly, half-seriously mentioned we should started a cafe/bakery/book shop together.  Over the past couple of years this idea has appealed to me more and more and I have become very serious about this idea.  That last part of the story is very important because ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you that I am not very good at commitment!

I did realize that I wasn't going to be able to open a bakery/book shop right out of college, but I also did not what to do after college.  With lingering dreams of going to law school to put my English degree to good use and strong desires to open my own business, I decided that I needed to find a career that would allow me to explore my love of reading and writing, but also support me financially while I get this cake shop going :) I chose to get my master's in education and I have never been happier with a decision, but I digress!

I have now come to this point where I want to make cupcakes and try new ideas so I decided to just start an internet type business where I advertise my business through avenues of social networking and media.

I have a Facebook page entitled Ashley's Cupcake Shop and I have this blog, which is conveniently entitled the same thing.

I am pretty talented with my cupcakes and I can also do cakes.  My cupcakes and cakes are perfect for office parties, baby showers, wedding showers, birthdays, weddings, other special occasion, or just a pick me up from a stressful week at work or school.

Below are some pictures of the type work I can do:









As you can see I am capable of producing cupcakes of many different calibers.  I can do sweet and simple like my Red Velvet or Wedding Cake cupcakes;  I can do tasty tie dye, as pictured by my Peppermint cupcakes; or I can do super crafty, such as my Chicago Bears cupcakes (I don't just do Chicago sports teams or just football for that matter).  As previously stated, my abilities and my interests are not limited to the flavors and styles pictured above, they are merely a sampling of what I have done so far.

So if you are interested let me know by leaving a comment here on the blog, a comment on the Facebook page, emailing me at ashleymoser11@gmail.com, or calling or texting at 501-467-5443.  Price details posted below.

Dozen-$18 (basic cupcakes, price to be determined for more elaborate cupcakes, but I can guarantee my cupcakes will taste and look as good as a designer bakery's cupcakes!)

For each additional dozen you purchase after the first dozen it is only $12.  For example, if you want three dozen Red Velvet cupcakes for a birthday party it will be $42.00.  I serve the greater central Arkansas area; mainly the Little Rock and immediately surrounding areas.  Live in an area outside of central Arkansas, but you are totally smitten with my work? Never fear, we can arrange something and I would be glad to have your business.

Thanks!
Ash

0 comments: